Thursday 22 September 2011

Look what happens


carbooty 22 sept 003
Look what happens when you do get out of bed on a Thursday morning.
This year I haven’t been going to this particular car booty because “I can’t be bothered”, under protest, last week I went, and I bought a cup of tea and some runner beans! For some strange reason I was wide awake early today so off I went. Trudging round I came across the very heavy silver plate tray, quickly followed by the b&w tureen & matching ladle (I have been collecting small lidded tureens for a very special fair in November). I haven’t seen a flycatcher glass shade like this one before and a copy of “Black Beauty” with the most lovely cover and illustrations.
carbooty 22 sept 004carbooty 22 sept 005
As I wasn’t far from an M&S, I nipped in for a few goodies, and took myself a box of…………...carbooty 22 sept 002
So whilst I waited for M to come home this afternoon to go and view an auction, a couple of these (4) and a mug of tea & “House of Eliott”. M was running behind so we rushed out and didn’t consider the “Pie Snatcher”.
carbooty 22 sept 001
When I came back, on the coffee table, a tea mug knocked over and the remaining four chocs gone, the second layer was uneaten, but only because FLORENCE hasn’t worked out how to open the packet!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely finds Tracey, I love the little tureen. Did you get my mail because my hotmail has been having issues? I too have been indulging in the House of Eliott. Have a great weekend.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done.. it is often worth the effort.. although always a challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhoh! The chocolate thiving sounds familiar - we can't leave anything lying about or it is gone in a trice!

    The blue & white is lovely & also the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't leave choc out either...cos Mark steals it!

    ReplyDelete