Tuesday 7 December 2010

What an amazing place

View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album
View album



Before our weekend of fairs Michael and I had a couple of days in Dorset, knowing that we had to spend 3 thrifty nights in TL's I had decided that he needed a few nights somewhere special.
We have stayed at West Bay & Bridport before but you can never get anywhere near the sea but as we had to be up early to go off to Bridport rag market we didn't need to be too far away.
Although I wanted fab I did not want to pay extortinate prices, especially as we would miss our second breakfast.
When I was searching on the good old wonderweb, I found Cliff House WHAT A FIND!
The pictures sold it to me straight away and that you have a little dedicated room that provides a microwave, fridge, toaster, and juice, tea & coffee, milk, bread & butter & conserves so that you can have a diy breakfast at whatever time it is required, well what a winner!
The room itself was lovely, spacious, with a beautifully clean bathroom (bath). The bed is positioned looking out of the french window, straight down the lawn to the edge of the cliff and the sweep of Lyme Bay to the right and Portland to the left.
 M had no idea where we were stay in but he really, really loved it. The pictures were taken over two days at different times of day, I am hoping that we can go in the summer to be able to sit at the bottom of the garden watching the sun go down in the warm balmy weather that we are all longing for.
I really recommend Cliff House, if you prefer to be left alone and you long for a room with a view.

2 comments:

  1. We stayed in Charmouth on my 50th at Stonebarrow Manor (there was 26 of us plus labrador) it is truly a lovely place and I will have to investigate Cliff House for a cosier break. Did you find the Anchor Inn at Seatown just a bit further along the coast ... I could sit outside there just gazing at the view for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! Bags packed and I'm off to Cliff House right now! It sounds amazing and in my favourite part of Dorset too - what's not to like? Great photos, very atmospheric. So pleased you had a BATH in your room ;-)
    We were in Lyme on 23rd Nov (anniv.) and we saw one of the stunning sunsets there - clearly it's a great time of year to be on the Dorset coast.
    What you up to this week? I'm very much looking forward to the Flea on Sunday and it looks as though it might be a bit warmer than of late, that makes me happy.
    And don't be too concerned, Mr B will get his day off soon - oh around about the 25th???
    Hope you're well!
    D x

    ReplyDelete