Thursday 4 February 2010

Dahlia darling!

Looking through my pictures today, I thought that as Spring is on its way we would have a gardening blog with a twist! These pictures come from India, where as well as the sights, peeling & faded paint, old doors etc I also took pictures of real gardens, I hope that you enjoy this selection................




In Varanassi we stayed in an hotel where the gardener was very proud of his plants, rightly so the blooms of the dahlias were amazing, what I liked even more was finding his potting shed in amongst the shrubbery, where he was also drying seed.
With no common language, I managed to communicate how lovely "his" garden was.


Just something a little different from the archives, as my camera is currently somewhere between Paddington & Pimlico! (is that the name of an old film?!)
I have no idea what I will dig out tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment